7 Steps to Writing the Script for an Excellent Explainer Video
BONUS: Discover How to Get More Clients by offering a strategic FREE Offer in Your Welcome Video
A well written script is crucial to creating an explainer video that is going to generate positive results for your business.
The words you say are the foundation upon which everything else is built. When you are comfortable with the words you are going to say, you’ll appear more confident, and your natural personality and charm will shine through to everyone who watches your new video.
Since most people reading this are business owners, or managers of firms who are responsible for building sales revenue, I am going to propose your explainer video invites people to find out more about your services.
The best way to do this is to give a highly valuable resource that the prospective client will appreciate and devour instantly after the video. It could be a one page checklist of what the client should be looking for when they are looking at engaging services like the ones you offer in your business.
“The 5 Keys to Finding a Financial Planner You Can Trust”, or
“4 Questions to Ask Your Internet Marketing Agency to Ensure You Get the Highest ROI on your Marketing Budget”
Here are the 7 Steps to Writing an Excellent Explainer Video
- Get into the Head of Your Ideal type of client – whenever you plan on communicating with your clients, you need to think about what they are currently concerned about, and what problems they have that are stopping them from achieving their goal.
- Start the Script with a Question – ask a question that addresses the pain your customers are having. There is nothing that will engage them more than letting them know straight up that your video is made especially for them.
- Introduce Yourself and Your Solution – Let them know who you are and briefly provide an overview of the products and services you offer.
- Give Them Vital Information – Tell them there is something they need to know now, that will help them take the first steps to solve this problem they have.
- Introduce Your FREE download – Invite them to download a lead magnet (a special report, a checklist, a coupon etc)
- Describe how others have benefited – build up their confidence in your FREE offer by describing how other people have benefited from the lead magnet.
- Tell them the next step – ask them to insert their details if they would like to take you up on your FREE offer.
If you are really stuck, having a professional writer to create your script can help get you started with a strong ‘first draft’, in which you can tweak and amend to suit your natural communication style. The big benefit in getting help with writing your script is that it will be written from the viewpoint of the prospective client – not yours. This helps keep the video ‘customer-focused’ so you are talking about your company, and your products in a way that is the client can clearly see how they are going to benefit
5 Bonus Tips to Making a Great Video
When you write your script with the customer in mind, you are more likely to come across as helpful and non-salesy.
So remember to put yourself in the mind of your client, and be mindful of all the hesitations they may have about buying products and services from a stranger.
In most cases, you have not been recommended to this audience, you are new to them, and you need to establish rapport and trust quickly.
Your videos are the welcome gate to show them you are trustworthy, and passionate about providing a great service.
You want to build trust and rapport through your videos, and the best way to do this is by:
- Being Comfortable in Front of the Camera – when you’re looking into that lense, it helps to be thinking that you are actually talking directly to your ideal type of client. You want to make that connection like you would in a face to face meeting.
- Feeling the Best Version of Yourself – in order to make a favourable impression, you need to feel fabulous within yourself. Spend the morning or even the prior day doing things that are going to make you feel fantastic. Anything that gets the blood rushing through your body is going to make you feel more alive when that play button is pressed, and the recording lights goes on!
- Let Your True Personality Shine Through – when you are natural and conversational in the way you are communicating with your clients, your natural charm and personality will shine through. Feel free to be yourself….the more you just relax and talk, the better success your videos will have in attracting new clients to your business.
- Engage Clients by Educating and Entertaining them – If you can make a routine out of creating informative videos that help your clients on a particular topic, they are going to really appreciate your effort, and be keen to keep a close eye on your website and social media profiles. If you like to use humour in your day to day conversations, then you are going to be a natural in front of the camera, this is the best way to engage your audience.
- Making Sure Your Set, Lighting and Sound are High Quality – Nothing will deter your audience from taking in your key message, than distractions caused by a distorted sound, distracting background or bad lighting. It’s super easy to set this up and thanks to Ebay, there are great lights and sound equipment you can buy for under $150 to create a top result.