3 Big Reasons Why SlideShare is Good for Your Business
If your ideal type of clients are within the professional services sector, SlideShare can help you be seen as a highly credible industry expert, as its the perfect place to demonstrate your expertise.
It helps you build up a strong reputation within the market, so your ideal type of client trusts you have the skills, knowledge and experience to help them.
The best part about SlideShare is that you can pitch an offer that your prospective clients will find valuable, and too good to pass up. This post gives you a great introduction to SlideShare and tells you what SlideShare is, who uses it, and gives you 3 big reasons why SlideShare is good for your business.
What is SlideShare?
SlideShare is a social media platform aimed at professional people, and is owned by LinkedIn.
SlideShare is the perfect place to showcase your knowledge, and be seen as an authority within your industry. It has a global audience of 70 million per month, so if your target audience use LinkedIn, they’re highly likely to be clicking through any content you upload to SlideShare.
Who Uses SlideShare?
Professional people who are generally subject matter experts and who have unique insights in chosen topics use SlideShare to build both their personal brand and company brands.
- Fortune 500 companies such as Dell, Cisco and Accenture use SlideShare to grow their business revenue and attract more clients.
- Conference Speakers use SlideShare to build their reputation and increase ticket sales. Conferences such as South by SouthWest, Dreamforce and the Lean Start Up Conference frequently use SlideShare to keep their audiences engaged and ready to sign up for a ticket at the next event.
- Entrepreneurs and Industry Leaders use SlideShare to show thought leadership and maintain a strong reputation within their markets. Guy Kawasaki, Arianna Huffington and Eric Schmidt are the most prolific users of SlideShare
How is SlideShare Good For My Business?
SlideShare is likely to be a winner if your target market use LinkedIn.
The industries that use LinkedIn the most are:
- Education & Training,
- Financial Services,
- Computer Software,
- Marketing and Advertising,
- Hospital and Health Care,
- Telecommunications and
- Oil and Gas.
1. You’re Seen as Credible
SlideShare helps project your ideas and industry insights into the marketplace. It helps spread the key messages that you want your target market to know about. It helps you look like someone who knows her (or his) stuff, and it acts like a magnet to attract new clients to your business. You’ll attract more clients when you use SlideShare because you are building goodwill by helping them solve a problem or achieve a particular goal. They will appreciate your knowledge and insight and be more likely to contact you about your services.
2. You’re Seen as Trustworthy
Going the extra mile by creating high quality SlideShare presentations builds instant respect, authority and trust within your market. Most of your competition will have created a great looking website, a LinkedIn profile and perhaps even a Facebook page, (depending on where their target market hang out). But most of them won’t have created SlideShare presentations that showcase their industry insights, and key messages. When you create your SlideShare Presentations, they will work 24/7 in building rapport with clients, pitching you as someone who has the exact type of knowledge and skill required to help your client.
3. Your Offers are Promoted to a Global Audience
A smart business will have a service that is available for clients where ever they live in the world. SlideShare is seen by 70 Million professionals per month, and a small proportion fit your criteria for being ‘the ideal client’. For this reason, every SlideShare presentation should give a FREE Offer.
Your offer should could be to:
- sign up and receive more information about the topic
- subscribe to receive your email newsletters
- buy a small priced product or service so they can test-drive your service
- phone or skype you to find out more about your services
How Can You Use SlideShare?
You can use SlideShare to send out key messages and build trust with your target market.
You can upload PowerPoint slides, Infographics, PDF documents and Videos.
The best part of all is that your current content can be reused to create your Slide Share presentations.
The key tweaks that you’ll want to make will be to ensure;
- The headline instantly captivates your ideal type of client to click on your slide
- The fonts you use are congruent with the style you are portraying in your personal and company branding.
- The images you use help to reinforce the key messages, and pitch you as a knowledgeable industry leader.
Want to See if Your Competitors are Using SlideShare?
Go to Slideshare.com and do a search for the keywords and phrases that your online marketing strategies is focused on.
You’ll get results on all the competitors and industry peers that are using SlideShare to generate interest and enquiries into their services.
Take note of who is producing high quality slides, and try to define what you like about each presentation.
Use these notes to help you design you own SlideShare Presentation.
Connect with Bonnie Power on LinkedIn, then send a message asking me to check out slide deck and provide comments (if you wish)